5 Cups Water
1/2 Pound Cod Fillets, cubed
1 Celery Stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 Small Onion, quartered and sliced thickly
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1. Combine the fish, onion, bay leaf, water, celery, salt and pepper in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for approximately 1/2 hour or until fish falls apart.
4. Strain the broth thoroughly, and discard the solids.
5. Be especially careful to remove all bones.